- Outside window frame to outside frame
- Add 2"-8" for panels to rest on either side of window frame when open
- Add the extra inches needed for decorative finials
- The total from the 3 measurements above is the amount of horizontal space needed for your drapery rod
2. Determine Rod Placement
- If not using drapery rings: Measure from bottom of rod to floor
- If using drapery rings: With drapery attached to the rings, measure from bottom of rod to top of drapery fabric; add this measurement to your drapery length to determine rod placement.